Erm, we appear to have 100% absence this morning.... 😧
Once I can round up the students (drag the eldest out of bed...) I have some awesome English work prepared. Today's theme is 'baked potato' 😉
See my inspiration here - https://twitter.com/RealMattLucas/status/1242543250533203968 😆
Mum managed to sneak in some more counting for Nia, before we put The Witches on.
Once I can round up the students (drag the eldest out of bed...) I have some awesome English work prepared. Today's theme is 'baked potato' 😉
See my inspiration here - https://twitter.com/RealMattLucas/status/1242543250533203968 😆
They eventually emerged quite refreshed and ready to learn. Both did fantastically well with their tasks. Nia had a little help finding the verbs, Nye corrected the punctuation, and both added some fabulous drawings of baked potatoes.
![]() |
| Working hard, though a little confused by the whole potato thing. |
![]() |
| Their finished work. |
We discussed when this song might have been written, given the content. We talked about the advice/instructions in the text and why we need to follow them as much as we can. We even hummed a few tunes as the pupils imagined how the words might be turned into a song.
Finally, I played the video of Matt Lucas singing his Baked Potato song. Look at their faces 😂
![]() |
| "Mum! What the...?! You did a whole English lesson on this?!" |
Mum is highly amused 😄
Now Nye is studying engineering (making redstone contraptions on Minecraft!) and Nia is chilling before her handwriting session with Mum.
![]() |
| Working on keeping those letters within the lines. |
Some reading after lunch and I think that's us done for today.
Mum managed to sneak in some more counting for Nia, before we put The Witches on.







Comments
Post a Comment